Monday, October 7, 2013

One Day Closer

10:53 pm, four days to go....

Hard to believe we are getting to the end of our journey!  Four days to go and we will know, the day cannot come any quicker for me....for us!
I tried my best to make it through this day without a nap but low and behold the dreaded headache showed up at 2:00 as is usually does and an afternoon nap followed.....geez I feel old and or pregnant :)

Taking you back a ways to the end of April when we decided to look into our IVF options. We quickly learned that there is a way to test the viability of a women's eggs.  Two separate tests  are done together to get a pretty close view of what the egg quality looks like.  The outcome can be sad, as in our case, but truthfully I feel like this is pretty darn awesome ..........I would rather know than try, and try and try and try & not succeed!   Wow technology rocks in this day and age!

Mourning the loss of not being able to give birth to another child with my genetics, my traits, my appearance.... my anything took a while to grasp.
Peri menopause at 39 seriously?!  So THAT explains my hot flashed over this past year... my little eggs were becoming quite "mature"! 
  AH HA, well at least there is a reason right!

Then what?  We learn that we can "adopt" eggs! YOUNG eggs, viable eggs!
Eggs that a woman has donated on her own free will - this truly rocks my world because I have been there and know the toll it takes on your body!  I was so leery at first wondering what type of girls are these? How did they ever know about this? Have I been living under a rock- I had NO idea?
Well we learned from our psychological session that these amazing,generous women are the blood donor kind of people - the kind of people that want to give back, they want to help!  There is money involved but let me tell you, I have done this and honestly what they get paid is not near being worth how extremely hard it is!  GOD bless this women!  And God bless us finding our perfect donor...

Another long process to mention so we will but that note on pause for now..
Time to count sheep , see you tomorrow!


L

No comments:

Post a Comment